There’s much ado about links this week as Osanda Cooray runs you step-by-step through conducting a backlink analysis in Excel to improve your own site and to scope out the competition, and Elisa Gabbert gives you the expert scoop on link value.
You’ll also find conversion-rate boosters in Hayley Mullen’s science of CTAs and James Scherer’s landing page content techniques.
Have you encountered “the mullet master” client yet? Don’t miss Heather’s post on which clients you need to avoid!
1. Sally Ormond writes Writing Copy is Easy. Writing Great Copy is Tough for Freelance Copywriter’s Blog.
2. Melanie Davis writes How to Speak Like a Human (and Why It Matters) for Convince & Convert.
3. Tim Aldiss writes A prioritised web development & site migration SEO checklist for Econsultancy.
4. Hayley Mullen writes The Science of CTAs: 5 Things That Drive Conversions for Kapost Content Marketeer.
5. Ryan Farrell writes Build A Go-To Team That Can Conquer Any Content Marketing Challenge for Content Marketing Institute.
6. James Scherer writes How Adding Personality and Trust to Your Landing Pages can Maximize Conversion Rates for KISSmetrics.
7. Osanda Cooray writes Conduct a Backlink Profile Analysis with Excel (case study) for Social Media Today.
8. Martin Shervington writes How to Create a Google+ Community to Grow Your Business for Social Media Examiner.
9. Heather Lloyd-Martin writes 5 SEO Client Types to Avoid at All Costs for SEO Copywriting.
10. Elisa Gabbert writes The Future of PageRank: 13 Experts on the Dwindling Value of the Link for Search Engine Journal.
Keep up on SEO industry news – sign up for the SEO Copywriting Buzz newsletter now!
Photo thanks to Irina Patrascu