Heather Lloyd-Martin has been the world’s leading SEO writing authority since 1998. She teaches people how to write content that drives traffic, builds relationships, and opens wallets. Companies like yours hire her to review their content, train their writers and create a sustainable SEO content creation strategy.
When she first started her career, Google didn’t exist, PPC wasn’t around and we were all on dial up modems. Her 17+ years of experience has helped Heather safely steer her clients through the choppy search engine waters. She knows when you should carefully watch the latest algorithm change and when you can relax. She can explain complex concepts in an easy-to-understand manner. Plus, she can pinpoint new content opportunities and teach you how to leverage them.
In short, Heather thrives on SEO education and consultation. She loves seeing the light bulb come on when someone “gets” an SEO concept. She loves helping clients unlock their search positions and boost their conversions. And she loves helping writers understand the art and science of SEO writing.
Heather has worked with top companies all around the world – from search engines and television networks, to Fortune 50 companies and major publishers. Over the years, she’s presented at hundreds of conferences, including SMX, PubCon, SearchFest, AWAI’s Web Writing Intensive, MarketingProfs and more. She spoke at the Darden School of Business and keynoted a Direct Marketing Association (DMA) event. Additionally, Heather has trained hundreds of writers worldwide through her SEO Copywriting Certification training.
Career highlights include:
- Profiled in the book Online Marketing Heroes as the pioneer of SEO copywriting.
- Mentioned as a must-follow online marketing genius in the book The Complete Social Media Community Manager’s Guide: Essential Tools and Tactics for Business Success.
- Past-chair of the Direct Marketing Association’s Search Engine Marketing Council.
- Developer of the SEO Copywriting Certification program, the only industry-endorsed training program teaching SEO Copywriting best practices.
- Voted one of 2012’s Top Women in SEO, and nominated again in 2013.
- Advisory board member of SEMpdx, and serves on the board of American Writers and Artists, Inc.
- Quoted and cited in many publications, including The Huffington Post, Target Marketing Magazine, Entrepreneur Magazine and others.
Heather is the past chair of the Association of Internet Marketers Search Marketing Council and the DMA’s Search Marketing Council. She is currently an advisory board member for AWAI and SEMpdx.
Most importantly, she loves to make SEO writing accessible, easy-to-understand and fun.
Heather is known for being a fast-talking, high energy and tell-it-like-it-is redhead. She lives in Portland, Oregon with her husband, two cats and adorable dog. She loves running half marathons, rafting the Colorado River and Starbucks soy milk lattes.