I’m known as a fast-talking, high energy and tell-it-like-it-is redhead. When I first started my SEO copywriting career, Google didn’t exist, PPC wasn’t around and we were all on dial up modems.
I’ve been doing this a long time. Forbes has even described me as the “pioneer of SEO copywriting.”
My 17+ years of experience has helped me safely steer my clients through the choppy search engine waters. I know when you should carefully watch the latest algorithm change and when you can relax. I can explain complex concepts in an easy-to-understand manner. Plus, I can pinpoint new content opportunities and teach you how to leverage them.
Yes, I’m a geek. But I’m a geek who can help make you more money.
In short, I thrive on SEO copywriting education and consultation. I love helping clients unlock their search positions and boost their conversions. And I love helping writers understand the art and science of SEO writing.
I’ve worked with top companies all around the world – from search engines and television networks, to Fortune 50 companies and major publishers. Over the years, I’ve presented at hundreds of conferences, including SMX, PubCon, SearchFest, AWAI’s Web Writing Intensive, Search Engine Strategies, MarketingProfs and more.
I’ve also been a guest lecturer at the Darden School of Business and keynoted a Direct Marketing Association (DMA) event. Additionally, I’ve trained hundreds of writers worldwide through my SEO Copywriting Certification training.
It’s been a fun ride.
Career highlights include:
- Profiled in the book Online Marketing Heroes as the pioneer of SEO copywriting.
- Mentioned as a must-follow online marketing genius in the book The Complete Social Media Community Manager’s Guide: Essential Tools and Tactics for Business Success.
- Past-chair of the Association of Internet Marketers Search Marketing Council and the DMA’s Search Engine Marketing Council.
- Advisory board member for AWAI and SEMpdx.
- Developer of the SEO Copywriting Certification program, the only industry-endorsed training program teaching SEO Copywriting best practices.
- Voted one of 2012’s Top Women in SEO, and nominated again in 2013.
- Quoted and cited in many publications, including Forbes, The Huffington Post, Target Marketing Magazine, Entrepreneur Magazine and others.
Most importantly, I love to make SEO writing accessible, easy-to-understand and fun.
I live in Portland, Oregon with my husband, two cats and adorable dog. When I’m not glued to my laptop, I love running half marathons, rafting the Colorado River and Starbucks soy milk lattes.
Do you have an in-house team that needs training? Are you interested in working together? Contact me today.