Last Updated on
Happy post U.S. election! (Yikes – aren’t you glad it’s over?) In this week’s latest and greatest Web writing news, content marketers do some soul searching, SEO & search pro’s discuss Google’s latest Panda update, while the social media community talks strategy. Enjoy this week’s best of the internet marketing web!
Sean McGinnis notes the drench & stench of marketing spam in “Why Do Marketers Always Kill the Goose that Laid the Golden Egg?” at 312 Digital.
Ian Lurie shares his Distilled’s SearchLove conference presentation with his signature wit with “How to write universe-conquering proposals” at Portent.
Peter Da Vanzo takes “business-speak” to task with “Why Does Business Talk That Way?”at SEO Book.
Katie Fetting-Schlerf shares fundamental persuasive copywriting strategies with “How to make readers do (and buy) what you want” at SEO Copywriting.
Kendall Allen talks integration with “The Silos That Dog Us – Putting Them Out To Pasture” at Marketing Land.
Marketing Sherpa’s weekly research chart features survey respondents’ “Top form fields for lead gen[eration] data collection.”
- The Usability Week 2012 Conference, hosted by the [Jakob] Nielsen Norman Group, will take place December 2nd thru the 7th in Las Vegas.
- Content Marketing World, NYC is a one-day conference scheduled for November 15th in New York, NY.
- For affiliate marketing folks, Affiliate Summit West 2013 will be held in Las Vegas from January 13th thru the 15th.
- Marketing Sherpa’s Email Summit 2013 will take place in Las Vegas from February 12th thru the 15th.
SEO & Search
Chris Crum reports on Demand Media’s incredible bounce-back from its brutal Panda slap with “This Google Panda ‘Victim’ Just Posted Record Revenue and Profitability” at WebPro News.
Citing Econsultancy’s fourth annual Conversion Rate Optimization Report, Karon Thackston posts “The Easiest and Most Valuable Way to Improve Conversions” at High Rankings Advisor.
Annie Cushing shares her presentation of a framework for site audits from Search Love Boston at SEER Interactive.
Google’s spam man, Matt Cutts, addresses the question by an SEO pro:“Why does Google shut down products?” at the Google Webmaster Help YouTube channel.
Is your content over-optimized? In her weekly SEO copywriting video, Heather Lloyd-Martin explains how to tell and how to fix it at SEO Copywriting.
Anum Hussain posts an infographic, “Top SEO Tips Straight From the Industry Experts” at HubSpot.
- SES Chicago is on for November 12th thru the 16th. Check out Lauren Litwinka’s post featuring previews of Marty Weintraub’s and Merry Morud’s SES presentations at aimClear.
- Search Marketing Expo (SMX) West 2013 will again be held in San Jose, CA, March 11th thru the 13th, with workshops on the 14th.
Social Media Marketing
Citing a New York Times report, Josh Wolford posts “Twitter Will Soon Add Native Photo Filtering” at WebProNews.
Drew Olanoff posts “Google+ Rolls Out New Features To Keep Its Community Safe, Including A More Granular Reporting Functionality” at TechCrunch.
As part of an ongoing series, Brian Solis posts “Small Business Strategy: 10 Trends to Watch” at his blog.
- SMX Social Media Marketing 2012 will be happening in Las Vegas, December 5th & 6th.
- Social Media Examiner’s Social Media Marketing World is scheduled for April 7th thru the 9th in San Diego.
photo thanks to League of Women Voters of California
Need to get an SEO content marketing strategy for 2013? I can help. Check out my new low-cost SEO Content Review service!