Last Updated on
Content marketers discuss building trust, SEO and search pros talk Google trust factors, while social media marketers share ways to expand business influence.
Enjoy this week’s picks!
Arnie Kuenn posts “Is John Deere The Original Content Marketer?” at Marketing Land.
Heather Lloyd-Martin posts “What your readers aren’t telling you about your SEO content” at SEO Copywriting.
Lee Odden posts “Build Credibility and Trust For Your Business With This Blogging Template” at TopRank.
Jakob Nielsen posts “Website Reading: It (Sometimes) Does Happen” at his Alertbox.
Seth Godin discusses “The perfect crime” at his blog.
Neil Patel shares “11 Business Philosophies to Live and Die By” at Quick Sprout.
Michael Stelzner interviews Mobile Mixed founder Greg Hickman with “Mobilizing Your Website, What You Need to Know” (weekly podcast) at Social Media Examiner.
Chris Warden shares “7 Mobile Marketing Stats That Will Blow Your Mind” at Convince & Convert.
Andrew Johnson posts “Better Content Marketing Strategy Through Persona Research” at Raven Tools.
Sharing an infographic from the book Content Strategy, Pam Didner posts “What are the Essential Skills for a Content Strategist?” at Savory Bites.
Courtney Ramirez discusses “The do’s & don’ts of partnering with other web content providers” at SEO Copywriting.
Zach Bulygo shares no less than “100 Conversion Optimization Case Studies” at KISSmetrics.
Kevin McLaughlin posts “These 9 Tech Companies Used Statistical Gymnastics To Make Eye-Popping Claims” at Business Insider.
- The Neilsen Norman Group’s Usability Week 2013 conferences will be held in Washington, D.C. from July 15th thru the 19th, New York City from August 25th thru the 30th, and Minneapolis from September 9th thru the 13th.
- Content Marketing World 2013 returns to Cleveland, OH, September 9th thru the 12th.
- MarketingProfs B2B Marketing Forum 2013 will be held October 9th thru the 11th in Boston.
(John Hall lists a number of great conferences for online marketers, businesses, and entrepreneurs at Forbes).
SEO & Search
Barry Schwartz reports “Google Update Underway: But For Payday Or Panda?” at Search Engine Land.
Jill Whalen looks at “4 Google Trust Factors That Can Provide Negative Signals About Your Website” at High Rankings Advisor.
Bharati Ahuja posts “Advanced SEO Means Adapting To WWW Standards Before Google Integrates Them In Search Algorithms” at WebPro Technologies.
Matthew Brown discusses “5 Questions About Semantic SEO” at The Moz Blog.
Mark Jackson discusses “How to Report Organic Search Traffic Gains After Filtering ‘Bad’ Traffic” at Search Engine Watch.
Harrison Jones posts “Homepage Sliders: Bad For SEO, Bad For Usability” at Search Engine Land.
Erin Everhart discusses “How to Make Your Keywords Fit Your Marketing Messaging” at Search Engine Watch.
Rand Fishkin discusses “The Top 4 Ways to Use Social Media to Earn Links” (Whiteboard Friday) at The Moz Blog.
Nick Stamoulis posts “Social Signals and Links Comparison” (“Are Social Signals Replacing Traditional Links?”) at SEOPros.
Julie Joyce discusses “The Problem With Identifying Problem Links” at Search Engine Land.
Ken Lyons posts “Linkable Asset Strategy: How to Pick & Prioritize Assets” at Search Engine Watch.
Daniel Dannenberg posts an infographic on “The Art of Natural Links” at Vertical Measures.
Referring to Google’s Matt Cutts’ pronouncements on linking, Steve Toth shares a fun infographic, “10 Commandments of SEO (#MattCuttsMoses)” at Techwyse.
Mike Tek shares “8 New and Underappreciated Marketing Resources from Google” at The Moz Blog.
Barry Schwartz discusses Google’s announcement of a new campaign reporting tool with “Google AdWords Report Shows How Your Campaigns Change With ‘Top Movers’” at Search Engine Roundtable.
- MozCon 2013 will be in Seattle (of course) from July 8th thru the 10th.
- ReelSEO’s Video Marketing Summit 2013 will be held along with Liveclicker’s Video Commerce Summit 2013 for a two-in-one offering July 25th and 26th in San Francisco.
- Search Exchange 2013 will be held July 29th thru the 31st in Charlotte, NC.
- TechCrunch Disrupt SF 2013 will be held September 7th thru the 11th (in San Francisco). “Extra” Early Bird pricing available through July 15th.
- SES San Francisco is set for September 10th thru the 13th. Big savings with Pre-Agenda rates thru July 11th! Early Bird rates kick in July 12th thru August 15th.
- SMX East 2013 returns to New York City, October 1st thru the 3rd. Save with Super Early Bird rates thru July 27th!
- PubCon Las Vegas 2013 is on for October 22nd thru the 25th. Early bird savings schedule of up to $800 thru July 31st, then $600 thru September 15th, then $400 thru October 20th!
Social Media Marketing
“Instagram Videos” headlines Social Media Examiner’s weekly news.
Charlie Warzel posts “Vine: Twitter’s Gift To Facebook” at BuzzFeed.
Greg Jarboe posts “Let the Instagram vs. Vine Video Battle Begin!” at Search Engine Watch.
Dan Lyons posts “Six Seconds? Bah. YouTube Says Long Videos Sometimes Work Better” at HubSpot.
Tim Schmoyer shares “Creator’s Tip #96” with “How to Increase YouTube Watch Time by Linking to Playlists” at ReelSEO.
Ryan Hanley’s Content Warfare Podcast features “Schmittastic YouTube Marketing with Amy Schmittauer” of Vlog Boss Studios.
Ginny Soskey reports “Facebook Rolls Out New and Improved Business Page Insights” at HubSpot.
Citing The Wall Street Journal, David Cohen posts “REPORT: Facebook Developing Mobile News Reader” at AllFacebook.
Kristi Hines discusses “How to Use Google+ to Expand Your Business Influence” at Social Media Examiner.
Lee Odden discusses “7 Ways Small Businesses Can Integrate SEO, Social Media & Content Marketing” at TopRank.
Jennifer Horowitz offers social content sharing ideas with “Have You Run Out of Things To Say?” at Level 343.
Jeff Bullas shares “10 Insights on Twitter’s Raw Marketing Power” at his blog.
Andy Lombard shares “4 Fresh Trends in B2B Social Campaigns” at Convince & Convert.
Brian Solis (TV) posts “Doing Good Means Good Business: Peter Glatzer and Adrian Grenier Make SHFT Happen.”
- Social Fresh West 2013 will return to San Diego August 22nd and 23rd.
- Social Brand Forum 2013 will be held in “Iowa’s Creative Corridor” in Coralville, October 24th and 25th.
(For an all-in-one listing and description of social media, content & inbound marketing events, check out Neal Schaffer’s “The 12 Best Social Media Conferences to Attend in 2013” at Social Media Today.)
photo thanks to Artem Popov (return the sun)
You can trust my free newsletter to deliver the latest and greatest SEO content writing news, tips, and expert posts – sign up today!